Though that final score of 5-3 over the Stars by our Blues doesn’t entirely indicate it, there were quite a few good things about tonight’s win. Let’s list them.
- Our Blues went 2-for-2 on power plays. You read that right. Two-for-2. Awesome.
- Chris GD Stewart had one of those PPGs as well as the empty-netter at the end of the game.
- Perron is super generous with assists that go along with those empty nets.
- Jason Arnott scored again, and he now has four goals in the last five games.
- Rivermen Captain Adam Cracknell got in on the action tonight as a call-up with Oshie sidelined, and scored his own goal.
- And that super-tall Russian we all like so much, Grachev, finally got his first career NHL goal.
I was proud of our boys tonight. Were there a couple miscues? Yes. But all-in-all, they played this game hard. During the broadcast, the Versus guys made the comment that right at this moment, the Blues are the hardest working team in the NHL.
Let’s repeat that. The HARDEST WORKING TEAM IN THE NHL. Our Blues.
You bet your sweet asses they are. Keep it up, boys!!