Airing at 630pm CST on FSMW.
No, I didn’t say anything about the Wild game last night. There was just not much to say, before or after, other than to remind you, yet again, that CGDS is pretty awesome at this whole hockey playing thing. I haven’t been so ambivalent towards a game in recent memory, which is certainly saying something.
Oh, and we were finally mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. Since the playoffs have been a dream that was optimistic to the point ofÂ naivetyÂ for quite some time, this is yet another moment that requires a “meh” and a shoulder shrug. Whatever.
Anyway, tonight we play the Scum. Again. You know how I feel about them. I feel that even moreso after watching the Hawks/Wings game the other night and seeing Bertuzzi’s seemingly-attempted shoulder to the head of Ryan Johnson. It certainly looked intentional to these eyes. Either way, I figured that tonight I would try something different. It’s kind of an experiment, which is fitting since I’m a scientist, but I am going to live-blog this game. Usually I am Twitter-happy during the games, but I figured I could put it all here this time.
For posterity’s sake…..or something like that.
If you’d like, you could join me in the comments. Or on Twitter. Either one.
If you want a real preview, you know where to look, but I’ll link to the Blues site anyway. And if you would like an opposing viewpoint, Alyssa will go ahead and disagree with me all night at Hockeytown Beat.
See you at 630.
LET’S GO BLUES!!!!
- Bulletpoints? Bulletpoints. I guess this is how you do this.
- 21-25-17. Nice starting line.
- Also, the Bertuzzi hit was more than “controversial,” JK. It was horrendous.
- 3-for-16 against Detroit on the PP? No good. CGDS, I’m gonna need you to get this done.
- Can I just mention how much I love CGDS parking in the crease always and forever? Pretty.
- Abdelkader is a fun name to say.
- This game must be in traffic. Because it stops and starts a lot? Shut it, I think I’m funny.
- Booooo broken sticks leading to rebounds leading to Scum goals.
- No seriously, how many times has this game stopped? I quit counting.
- Ok, so another power play. Let’s DO this guys.
- Pink Floyd in the Joe? Good job, music guy.
- Oh no. Get up, Cracks. Please get up.
- MacDonald, please stop being a decent goalie. Just stop.
- I probably shouldn’t have started this thing while hungry.
- I’ve said it before, but the dirty jokes that can be made during a hockey game are awesome.
- Are these sticks actually toothpicks in disguise? Seriously now.
- TIE GAME!!!! CGDS AGAIN!!!
- Welcome back, Frank.
- CAM JANSSEN GOT HIS FIRST GOAL HOLY CRAP THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!
- He just looked so happy after that! For real.
- I don’t know if I even care about this game anymore. First Janssen goal in 115 games? That’s a sign of the end of days or something.
- Well, now I feel a little sheepish. Stupid scum goal.
- Oh no wait! Porter!!! Yessssss.
- Good period, boys. Now I’m gonna get a sandwich.
- Get him, Polak.
- No but seriously, my sandwich isn’t made. Hold please.
- Neat, I’m not missing anything as they review that maybe goal by D’Ags.
- MWAHAHAHAHA, YESSSSSSSSS.
- And now Beener? And Backes straight up high jumping out of the way? Is this real life?
- Next thing you know Oshie is going to score from STL.
- Aaaand, Zetterberg to the box. Where he will feel shame.
- INGLORIOUS BACKES ON THE PP GOAL!!!!
- Halak-it-a-lot. Keep it up, #41.
- Last time the Blues scored six against Detroit was 2003? Pre-lockout? Holy crap.
- Suck it, Detroit.
- Also, the too many men on the ice penalty irritates me. Mostly because it shouldn’t ever happen. Stay on the bench til your shift, guys.
- ROMAN POLAK!!! No really, where are the locusts?
- Frank Frank Frank Frank!!!!!!! Holy crap. This is AWESOME.
- I am pretty sure I’m dreaming now.
- Good god, I picked a good game to live blog.
- I’m just so….somebody pinch me.
- I want another Inglorious goal so he can have 100.
- And a Petro goal.
- But Bergie? I’LL TAKE IT!!!
- NOT HAPPY! That whistle wasn’t before the shot!
- This is my angry face.
- Liking Halak tonight. For the most part. Minus those three goals.
- Also, loving how well I can hear the guys yelling on the ice tonight.
- The Joe is EMPTY right now. Wow.
- TEN!!! I’M DYING!!!
- I want a Gordie Howe hat trick by Cam. WHEN ELSE WILL HE HAVE THIS OPPORTUNITY?!?!
So, 9 different goal scorers; Sobe, CGDS, and Porter with three points apiece; Halak with 41 saves; and Cam was THE FIGHT short of th Gordie Howe hat trick.
This is my favorite hockey game ever.
Suck it, Detroit.