Or in this case.
10 points to the person who knows what inspired the title.
Well, there’s good news. And there’s bad news.
The good news is that Chris Higgins is back.
He was out with a staph infection since January 31st and since then has been rid of it, with help from medication.
Unfortunately, he had a negative reaction to the medication and was unable to join the Canucks on their mini road trip last week.
But the good news is he’s back and looks like he’s back for good.
The bad news is: Keith Ballard is ailing. And we have no clue what he’s ailing from. Not yet anyways. And Dale Weise also remains out for reasons I am unsure of.
But enough about that; let’s get to the game!
Lining up – Fun Facts
- With Chris Higgins back in the lineup; Mike Duco was sent back down to play with our AHL affiliate, the Chicago Wolves.
- Chris Higgins would play on the fourth line alongside Maxim Lapierre and Jannik Hansen. Other than that the lineup would not change.
- Luongo would start.
First, Second and Turd Period – Fun Facts
This is not due to a lack of sprinkles. There were plenty of sprinkles that came in the form of a rather well-played game. And so I give to you; in short and in order: The Fun Facts of da First, Second and Turd Periods.
- 13 seconds in, David Booth gives the Canucks a 1-0 lead.
- Byron Bitz and Cody McLeod have a showdown. Byron Bitz managed to get two; good solid punches on him before the fight was broke up.
- And the period ends like that. 1-0, favor of the Nucks.
- Period 2 starts off well, though the Avs decided to tie it up, courtesy of Erik Johnson.
- One of the referees also took a stick to the eye. It did look like he was alright though. Which is good.
- BEGIN DA TURD.
- Now where do I start with Da Turd?
- Oh yes.
- THE HONEY BADGER.
- Jannik, where HAVE you been?
- Well, he’s been around and he scored tonight and I couldn’t be happier.
- The only down side to this period was that Alex Burrows got an empty netter and Chris Higgins was next to him and Y U NO GIVE PUCK TO HIGGY SO HE COULD SCORE EMPTY NETTER?
- I’m joking.
- Alex Burrows got an empty netter and the best part is: we won a game in regulation time.
In other news, I would like to thank the Hockey Gods for finally giving us our game back. Please note we would like Keith Ballard and Dale Weise back uninjured and as soon as possible. Thanks plenty.
We shall gladly take these 2 points and may we go through the rest of the year without going through any more overtimes and shootouts 5 times in a row.
That is all.
Up next: The Toronto Maple Leafs are over for a visit on Saturday. Puck drop is at 4 and I shall see you then.
Until then Canuckleheads.