[CONFESSION: I forgot today was Wednesday and didn't weigh myself this morning. I think working every day over the weekend has my brain confused. I did weigh myself a couple of days ago, so we'll go with that number.]
Current Weight: 214.5 lbs
Total Weight Loss: 19.9 lbs
I know my past few posts have been a lot of me whining about how unmotivated I am. As many of you suggested, instead of focusing on what’s going wrong, I’m going to focus on what has gone right over these past 5 months:
- I’ve lost 19.9 lbs so far! And only a few weeks ago, I was at 22 lbs lost! That’s a big deal.
- I’m in the best shape I’ve been in in at least 2 years. I went running the other day (haven’t actually jogged in well over a year and even then I could only do a mile), and I knocked out 2 miles…2 days in a row. The best part was that it wasn’t my breathing that kept me from running more, but my ankles and feet. I clearly need better running shoes if I plan to run more often.
- Speaking of being in better shape… I’m consistently working out at least 5 days a week. Often I squeeze in a work out every day.
- Even when I’m “cheating” on the diet, I don’t really over do it which is a HUGE step for me.
- I’ve stopped having my glass of wine each night. I’ll never be able to completely give up wine, but saving it for only 1 or 2 nights a week has really helped and is certainly better for me.
- If I do eat something that’s bad for me (i.e. fast food), it physically makes me sick to my stomach. I’m happy my body recognizes bad food.
- I dropped a pants size. I started out a TIGHT size 14. I’m now a well fitting 12. Once I get under 200 lbs, I plan to get rid of all my size 14 clothing and it’s going to be fantastic.
- I feel better.
- I’m sleeping better.
- I have more energy.
- Despite what my coworkers might say, I’m in a better mood most of the time.
All in all, a pretty great and productive 5 months, and I’m so ready for month 6!