Everyone’s got an opinion on the Richie Incognito/Jonathan Martin bullying case. Here are a few of them:
- Ricky Williams argues that Martin may not be cut out for the NFL and says Incognito is just a scapegoat for Martin’s own problems.
- On the other side, Jeremy Shockey recalls some of the bullying he’s seen in the NFL.
- The Slate also discusses the bullying culture of the NFL, with hopes that this publicity can change, or at least bring light, to the problem.
- Former NFL player Colt Wire (who like Martin, is a Stanford graduate) questions if there is a place for “smart guys” in the NFL.
- ESPN focuses on the racial slurs used in Incognito’s messages to Martin.
Just about every opinion on the subject exists. What do you think? Let us know in the comments!
In other depressing news around the league, John Moffitt leaves the Broncos and football for good, Seneca Wallace has nothing on injured Aaron Rogers, NFL coaches are crazy, and Houston voted against the Astrodome.
Wow. This Wednesday doesn’t have much happy news! To lighten things up, I leave you with this:
Emily Ritter is a contributing writer for Aerys Offsides. If you have any non-depressing NFL news today, tweet at her: @ebritter2.