Draft day has finally arrived. All of the anticipation and rumors come to a close tonight as the first round kicks off at Radio City Music Hall.
The Vikings have two picks in the first round (No. 23 and No. 25, which was acquired in the Percy Harvin trade with the Seahawks.) With two picks on Thursday night, and 11 overall, the Vikings have many needs to fill. Tops needs that need to be filled include wide receiver, defensive line, line backers and cornerback.
Breakdown of the Vikings picks, via Vikings.com:
- First round (2): 23rd overall and 25th overall
- Second round (1): 22nd choice, 52nd overall
- Third round (1): 21st choice, 83rd overall
- Fourth round (2): 5th choice, 102nd overall and 23rd choice, 120th overall
- Fifth round (1): 22nd choice, 155th overall
- Sixth round (1): 21st choice, 189th overall
- Seventh round (3): 7th choice, 213th overall; 8th choice, 214th overall; 23rd choice, 229th overall
Below are some final mock drafts for the first round from around the internet for an idea on who the Vikings may take with their two picks in the first round:
SI.com’s Peter King