Monday’s around the NFL are generally a day filled with game evaluation, analysis and injuries reports, but yesterday’s news was dominated by a story about a stripper named Sweet Pea.
On Monday afternoon, the good folks at TMZ broke a story about Ravens offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie’s birthday, which started as a not-so-innocent party and ended with a fight on a party bus. The fight broke out after a stripper named Sweet Pea broke a bottle over Ravens WR Jacoby Jones’s head. Police responded to the incident but Jones, who was allegedly bleeding from the head, refused medical treatment and did not go to the hospital.
Social media was all over the story, and later Monday afternoon, photos from Bryant McKinnie’s Instagram surfaced, featuring pictures of Sweet Pea.
The Ravens official Twitter account provided an update on Jones, saying “WR Jacoby Jones is in the building today, has attended meetings and gone through his usual rehab.” Ravens head coach John Harbaugh later confirmed the story, saying that while he was not “impressed” with the report, but that Jones is fine.
Cardinals Rashad Johnson Loses Top of Finger
Cardinals safety Rashad Johnson discovered that he had lost the top of his left middle finger on Sunday after he removed his glove, and the top of his finger was still inside.
Johnson had surgery on his finger on Sunday evening following the injury. Johnson later tweeted a photo of his finger. (Eww gross alert!).
- Bears DT Henry Melton suffered a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season, the team announced Monday. Melton is set to become a free agent next season.
- Dolphins DE Cameron Wake has a sprained MCL and could miss some time due to the injury suffered on Sunday in the team’s win over the Falcons.
- Lions WR Nate Burleson suffered a broken arm in a single car crash early Tuesday morning. Burleson will undergo surgery Tuesday morning for his injury; no timetable has been given for his return. According to the police report, alcohol was not involved and no tickets were issued.
- Raiders QB Terrelle Pryor was concussed in Monday night’s loss to the Denver Broncos. The Raiders are hoping to clear Pryor to play for Sunday.
- According to a report from Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer, Steelers rookie RB Le’Veon Bell will play on Sunday when the Steelers face the Vikings in London.
- Peyton Manning now has 12 touchdowns through 3 games and is currently on pace to set a new NFL record in touchdowns thrown in a season.
Kristine Reese is the NFL editor for Aerys Sports. Follow on Twitter @KristineReese.