Tuesday’s NFL headlines have a theme, in that they are centered around teams from Florida. So there’s that.
(Some) Jags fans still want Tebow
Apparently some Jaguars fans are unhappy with the 0-2 start for their team, specifically the performances from starting quarterback Blaine Gabbert and back-up Chad Henne. So much so, that they started a rally in the EverBank parking lot asking the team to sign Tim Tebow.
A group of 20 Jaguars fans held the rally, which started at 3:16 pm on Monday (yes, really). The group has created a website, jags-tebow.com, and the mission statement reads as follows:
“Make it clear, we the fans, want the Jacksonville Jaguars to bring in Tim Tebow. You know you want to see this happen.”
For what it’s worth, Jaguars GM David Caldwell has repeatedly stated he is not interested in acquiring Tebow.
Just in case you were wondering – and I know you were - 30 media members covered the event (yes, really!).
Things aren’t going very well in Tampa Bay (allegedly). First, a report on Sunday that Bucs quarterback Josh Freeman will request a trade, and now a report from Fox Sports’ Mike Garafolo claiming cornerback Darrelle Revis is unhappy with both head coach Greg Schiano (specifically his disciplinary tactics)and lack of the lack of man-to-man coverage the team is employing on defense.
As a Jets fan, I just have one thing to say to this report:
The Bucs are now 0-2 after losing to their divisional rivals from New Orleans on Sunday.
Speaking of the Bucs, safety Dashon Goldson has been suspended one game for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Saints running back Darren Sproles. Goldson was fined $30,000 the week prior for his hit on Jets tight end Jeff Cumberland.
Goldson will appeal the suspension.
- Several NFL scouts are reportedly calling Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel “undraftable” because they’re “scared of his mood swings and off-field questions.”
- Chargers WR Malcom Floyd is out ‘indefinitely’ after leaving Sunday’s game in stretcher with a neck injury. Floyd is still undergoing evaluations on the severity of his injury, but an initial CT scan did come back negative.
- Jaguars QB Blaine Gabbert will miss his second-straight game next Sunday when the Jags visit the Seahawks.
- Geno Smith scoffed at a report that there is support within the organization to play quarterback Matt Simms should Geno struggle.
- Rob Gronkowski is 50-50 to play in week 3 vs. the Bucs.
- Apparently Brandon Llyod is in a zombie movie. Check it out.
Kristine Reese is the NFL editor for Aerys Sports. You can follow her on Twitter @KristineReese.