Week 6 is officially in the books, with the Chargers besting the Indianapolis Colts last night on Monday Night Football.
Philip Rivers is pretty excited about this victory. He is also kind of a weirdo. (But in a good way?).
In case you had not heard (and frankly, I am not sure how that is possible), the Colts host Peyton Manning and the Broncos on Sunday Night Football. The game marks Peyton’s first return to Indianapolis since his glory days as the practical mayor of the town.
Von Miller will reunite with his team on Sunday after serving a 6-game suspension for violating the league’s performance enhancing drug policy. Miller hopes to bolster a defense that is currently ranked first against the run and pass.
Aaron Hernandez’s girlfriend to face perjury charge
Shayanna Jenkins, former girlfriend of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez,is due to be arraigned on Tuesday on a perjury charge connected to the testimony she offered a Bristol Grand Jury related to the murder of Odin Lloyd.
Don’t lie in court, y’all. (Also, this can’t be god for Hernandez’s case).
Jenkins and Hernandez lived together in North Attleborough, Mass. and have a young child.
Packers Injury woes continue
Packers wide receiver James Jones sprained his PCL on Sunday vs. the Ravens, but according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, it is possible he may be available to play on Sunday vs. the Cleveland Browns.
Jones’ teammate Randall Cobb also injured his knee in Sunday’s win, and early indications from two reports are that Cobb has a fractured fibula and could miss about 6 weeks.
- Jets running back Mike Goodson, who recently returned to the field after serving a 4-game suspension, is done for the season after tearing both his MCL and ACL. Goodson announced the news via his Twitter account Monday morning.
- Cowboys running back DeMarco Murray has a grade one MCL sprain and will miss week 7. Murray’s teammate, defensive end DeMarcus Ware, is expected to miss three to four weeks with a strained quad, per Adam Schefter.
- Finally some good news for Giants fans: Giants running back David Wilson will not require season-ending neck surgery, though he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury. Reminder: Running back Andre Brown will re-join the Giants in week 9, after the team’s bye. Danny Ware and Peyton Hillis will workout for the team this week.
- Saints tight end Jimmy Graham is having his foot evaluated after injuring it in Sunday’s loss to the Patriots. According to sources, the Saints are optimistic that Graham’s injury is not serious and anticipate that he will be able to return to the team after the bye.
- The Texans are unsure about quarterback Matt Schaub’s status for week 7 after he suffered lower leg injury in Sunday’s loss to the Rams. Coach Gary Kubiak explained that the starting quarterback will be named at the end of the week.
- Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin is “really close” to returning to the field. Coach Pete Carroll hinted in could be three weeks to a month before he is ready to play in a game.
- The Steelers have placed Levi Brown on IR with an injury he suffered in pre-game warm-ups. The Steelers traded for Brown just two weeks ago.
- Bucs cornerback Darrelle Revis now officially owns the trademark ‘Revis Island.’
Kristine Reese is the NFL editor for Aerys Sports. You can follow her on Twitter @KristineReese.