Happy Thursday y’all! Let’s kick off your day with all the latest news from around the NFL:
*David Diehl will miss six weeks after undergoing surgery on Wednesday to “repair his unstable right thumb.”
* Le”Veon Bell will miss six weeks after suffering a Lisfranc injury, according to ESPN’s Adam Shefter.
* Arian Foster was to be removed from the active/PUP list on Wednesday, according to ESPN’s Adam Shefter.
* The New York Jets hope to curb tabloid drama this season. How? The media relations department distributed a “Media Bridges” card to players because they don’t think their players can handle talking to the media without any help.
*Jon Bostic was fined $21,000 for a hit against the Chargers last week. Lance Brig tweeted that he was having a “shaking my head moment” when he learned of the fine.
* The Dallas Cowboys and LB Sean Lee agreed to a six-year extension that will keep him in Dallas through the 2019 season.
* The NFL announced Texans’ Antonio Smith has been suspended through the remainder of the preseason and Week 1 of the regular season after ripping off Dolphins’ Richie Incognito’s helmet and swinging the helmet at Incognito’s head.
* The New York Jets hopes to curb tabloid drama this season. How? The media relations department distributed a “Media Bridges” card to players.
* Could Sunday Ticket’s next destination be on Google/YouTube? According to All Things Digital, it was “among the topics of discussion” during a meeting between Google CEO Larry Page, YouTube Head of Content & Business Operations Robert Kyncl, and a delegation from the NFL that included Commissioner Roger Goodell.
Have a good day!