Man, I can’t keep the narratives straight anymore.
I do know that
- There may or may not be a personal catcher rule in effect, but Hector Sanchez is totally catching Tim Lincecum every start, whether you like it or not.
- Tim Lincecum may or may not be back, but the media is totes going to say he is.
- Tim Lincecum was pretty awesome tonight.
- And with an 8 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 11 K line, why wouldn’t he be?
- Hector Sanchez may or may not be the reason why Tim was awesome again tonight, but let’s all just say he is because that’s how it works.
I think that’s all the narratives that happened until the 9th inning. I think.
Anyway, Hector Sanchez is … a backup catcher for a reason. He’s not particularly the best defensively and unfortunately, tonight was the night it really showed.
The game should’ve been over in the top of the 9th with a strikeout, except there was the throwing error and the wild pitch and then, oh, look, the game’s tied. Herpity derp. » Continue reading “Giants Recap: Oh Hai First Place”