Brian Griese was the quarterback of the 1997 National Championship Michigan football team. Steve Hutchinson was an offensive lineman, and everyone knows who Charles Woodson is—Heisman Trophy winner and cornerback/wide receiver of that team.
I’ve often wrote about what it means to be a “Michigan Man”. You can also put a “wo” in front of the man. But these three men are wonderful examples of what it means to be a Michigan athlete and to continue to make a different in the lives of so many year after year without ever touching a football. Hutchinson and Woodson are still playing in the NFL, Griese isn’t. This is the sixth year they have worked together to put on this event supporting the University of Michigan’s Motts Children’s Hospital.
On Friday, there is the VIP Kickoff Dinner AND the Mott Takeover of radio station WTKA am 1050 from 6 am til 6 pm.
Here’s a list of who will be on the radio and when:
7am – Lloyd Carr, Jay Feely
8am – Lloyd Carr, Brian Griese
9am –Dana Jacobson, Dhani Jones
10am – Marlin Jackson, Adrian Arrington, Tim Massaquoi
11am – Charles Woodson, Adam Schefter
Noon – Mike Hart, Greg Mattison, Al Borges
1pm –Scott Dreisbach, Gary Moeller, Jerry Hanlon, Jarrett Irons
2pm – Leon Hall, Morgan Trent, Ron Bellamy, Drew Henson
3pm –Mark Campbell, Jerame Tuman , Aaron Shea, Remy Hamilton
Saturday there is the Gala Dinner at Al Glick Indoor Fieldhouse with tours of Schembechler Hall and a Silent Auction.
Sunday is the golf tournament at the University of Michigan Golf Course.
It’s a weekend full of fun, reliving memories and celebrating the past and the future of Michigan football and Motts Children’s Hospital.
Here are some of the items available for auction last year:
- Michigan Rivalry Experience: Two sideline passes to the first night game in Michigan Stadium vs. Notre Dame, two sideline passes to The Game vs. Ohio State, opportunity for four (4) to tour Schembechler Hall, watch a team practice and have dinner with the team during a mid-week practice and 14 tickets in the Beam Suite and pre-game sideline passes to the first home game since 1962 against our newest rival Nebraska. A once in a lifetime Michigan Football experience!.
- Weekend in Denver: round-trip airfare for golf and dinner for two with Brian Griese and Coach Carr at Cherry Hill Golf Course. While in Denver you will enjoy luxury hotel accommodations.
- Minneapolis Experience: round-trip airfare and dinner for two at the home of Steve and Landyn Hutchinson with special guest Adrian Peterson. Watch a Viking home game from Steve’s seats and enjoy a tour of the facility as well.
- The Lambeau Experience: fly round-trip to Title Town USA, Green Bay, Wisconsin – home of the defending Super Bowl Champion Packers, where you will enjoy luxury accommodations. Then enjoy a private tour of Lambeau Field, watch the game from Charles Woodson’s own seats, and dine with Charles at Republic Chophouse.
- Kinloch Golf Weekend: round-trip airfare, two nights’ lodging, golf for two with Lloyd Carr and Jay Feely.
- Detroit Tigers Experience: you and 17 friends will watch the July 2 Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants game from Brandon and Shani Inge’s luxury suite and be on the field for batting practice as a warm up, you will also be watching from a suite with 17 friends as the Tigers take the field on June 28 when they host the New York Mets.
- Hawaiian Getaway and Pro Bowl Experience: round-trip airfare for two to the Aloha State, where you will enjoy a seven-night stay at the Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk in Honolulu. On Sunday, January 29, you will be watching the greatest football players of the 2011 season play in the Pro Bowl from Aloha Stadium.
- Lexus Champions for Charity Golf Series at Pebble Beach: round-trip airfare, includes meals and fees for three days of golf at Pebble Beach, Spyglass Hill, and the Links at Spanish Bay.
- Pittsburgh Experience: round-trip airfare (twice) to Steel City, where on the first weekend you will enjoy rounds of golf at a pair of Pennsylvania’s premier courses, Laurel Valley Golf Club and Oakmont Country Club. On your next trip to Pittsburgh you will be able to experience the NFL like never before. On the field for pre-game warm ups and watch the game from the owner’s suite.
If you get the time, check out their website and learn how you can make a difference!