The second most anticipated NFL day in April has finally arrived. Today is the day where we start blocking off our fall and early winter schedules around the key games of our favorite teams. After all, isn’t that what we all do?
So without further delay here is the path to the 2013-2014 post-season for your St. Louis Rams.
1) Two. Count them two nationally televised prime time games within the division and both AT HOME at the Edward Jones Dome. Week 4 vs. the 49ers for Thursday Night Football and then in Week 8 vs. the Seahawks on Monday Night Football.
2) For the love of Peets Coffee please stop scheduling the Rams at Seahawks in Week 17. Yuck. It’s not the division tradition that most Rams fans are looking for.
3) There are three back-to-back away games. It’s not a huge deal but sometimes it comes down to those little things. Coach Fisher should serve up personalized fruit smoothies to make those stretches more bearable. (Yes, that’s a knock on Chip Kelly.)
4) The bye at Week 11 works nicely. The Rams (or any other team for that matter) could use a break by that point in the season.
5) The Rams get a very short turnaround between Week 4 at Dallas on 9/22 to their first prime time match on 9/26 when they host the 49ers for Thursday Night Football. That’s a tough week.
6) Week 2 at Atlanta will be an interesting game with Steven Jackson playing in a uniform other than the blue and gold.