The Los Angeles County prosecutors are reviewing an allegation by a 25-year old woman, claiming to have been sexually assaulted earlier this year by Kings Defensemen Drew Doughty.
Currently the allegations are under review, but Doughty’s attorney Craig Renetzky has told papers that he expects the case will be rejected.
Here is what the LA Times had to say:
Sgt. Robert Higgins said the 25-year-old woman told police she met Doughty at a bar near the Hermosa Beach Pier on March 1. The two went to Doughty’s home, where she turned down a proposition in front of several teammates.
They took a cab to her home, where she accused Doughty of raping her. The woman reported the incident to police the same day. Higgins said detectives asked her to call the hockey player while they listened, but she refused. He said the woman has been “less than cooperative” and that the district attorney’s office and police have “found credibility problems.”
Time will tell where this story goes, with success comes jealousy and everyone will be scrutinizing these players. Hopefully Drew gets through these charges and nothing more comes of it.