1. Jordan White – The rookie WR out of WMU has impressed everyone in camp so far. After missing out on mini-camp due to a foot injury from May 2012, Jordan White has shown that he is a very efficient route runner. This comes as good news for the Jets because with Kerley will be out for another week or so. Pay close attention to how he fares against a well coached defensive Bengals team and my prediction is that he will keep up the great work and end up getting major time during the season.
2. Terrance Ganaway- Rookie RB out of Baylor has also been playing quite well in camp. He rushed for over 1,400 yards in his senior year and has shown flashes of helping Greene out with the workload.
3. Bilal Powell- He is one of the players that has been consistently signaled out by Rex Ryan. “At the rate he’s going, it would be a surprise if he doesn’t leap-frog Joe McKnight on the depth chart,” says beat writer Rich Cimini. This is music to my ears, and I hope to see Powell cement his position as more then a 3rd down back for the Jets this season. His first chance to show that will be against the Bengals.
Other players to keep your eye on:
- TE Josh Baker – Baker is officially listed as a FB/TE, and has been mixed in with the first and second team offenses in camp.
- WR Patrick Turner - Turner has had an excellent camp so far, and could earn himself regularly playing time with good performances in preseason.
- K Josh Brown – The most underrated position battle in Jets camp is between kicker Nick Folk and the newly added Brown.
- T Austin Howard - With Wayne Hunter sitting out due to his back, Howard will get a chance to show what he’s got at right tackle.
Shahmeer is a regular contributor to The Green Room. You can follow him on Twitter, @shehzada_