Five things to look out for in tomorrow’s game:
1. Jets have to deal with the noise (aka “The 12th man”) during the game. The Seahawks venue is the loudest outdoor venue in the league and this makes the Jets prone to shooting themselves in the foot by committing more penalties. They have to make sure they communicate by hand signals.
2. Now let’s come to the Jets’ Offensive line. The Seahawks rushers Bruce Irvin and Chris Clemons will give Ferguson and Howard a very difficult throughout the game. These guys are a dangerous duo and Sanchez will be pressured like no other.
3. Jets need to contain Marshawn Lynch as much as they can. He’s the second leading rusher in the NFL and he’s very good at breaking tackles..something where the Jets are dead last.
4. Ride this game on Greene and Powell’s back. The Jets have to make sure they control the game and need to feed their backs the ball at least 30-40 times in this game. The Seahawks have the two tallest CBs and suffice to say they will make lives for the WR very difficult.
5. Jets have to avoid red zone interceptions and need to make sure they don’t give the ball to Sanchez as 30 times but rather 15-20. Also, I think Dustin Keller will have a huge game and depending on how well him and Mark connect will dictate how close the game ends up.
Now for the prediction — This game will be a very tough game and I just don’t see the Jets winning. I know that Rex Ryan have an amazing record against facing rookie QBs, but with the lack offensive weapons and special teams breaking down way too often this season, I don’t think the Jets will be able to win.
Final Score: Seahawks 16, Jets 13