The team have completed their initial roster cuts and I’ve updated the list I posted yesterday afternoon. The late cuts included both sixth round draft picks from Baylor, OG Robert Griffin and RB Terrance Ganaway. Rookie WR Jordan White was also released.
The team also released seventh round draft pick, rookie S Antonio Allen.
Notes on today’s transactions:
- The Jets released DL Marcus Dixon (per his agent, Howard Shatsky) and TE Dedrick Epps (per a source). To say this is a surprise is an understatement. Per Manish Mehta, “the Jets saved $150K in base salary along the d-line by replacing Marcus Dixon with Isaako Aaitui.”
- The Jets have signed TE Konrad Reuland from Stanford (he also attended Mission Viejo HS with QB Mark Sanchez). Reuland, for those curious, is not an especially good blocking tight end.
- The Jets signed two former Miami Dolphins, DT/NT Isaako Aaitui (per agent) and WR Clyde Gates. Reports suggest Aaitui, who played well in camp this year, will make an excellent 3-4 NT. With Dixon’s release and the addition of Aaitui, I suspect Sione Po’uha’s injury might be worse than we’ve been led to believe. Just a theory.
- Seven players hav cleared waivers and been placed on the practice squad: OT Paul Cornick, LB Marcus Dowtin, CB Donnie Fletcher, WR Royce Pollard (who suffered a torn labrum), LB Ricky Sapp, TE Hayden Smith and WR Jordan White.
- The St. Louis Rams have claimed RB Terrence Ganaway off waivers.
- Former Jet DT Martin Tevaseu (MTV) has been claimed by the Indianapolis Colts.
I will continue to update as signings and cuts are announced.