Philadelphia Eagles 24 – Pittsburgh Steelers 23
The Philadelphia Eagles came from behind to beat the Steelers in the first game in the preseason.
Steeler Nation, repeat after me: It’s only the first game of the preseason. If we ever get to the point where Jerrod Johnson is our actual quarterback, our season is lost anyway.
It’s hard to get a feel of things after only one game in which key players had limited playing time, but let’s give this a try, shall we?
- Time of possession. The first drive of the game took nearly 10 minutes off the clock. Of course the Steelers fell back on the old standby of settling for 3, but I’ll take it for now.
- Emmanuel Sanders had limited playing time, but he made the most of it. While Mike Wallace is still a no-show, Sanders needs to make an impression.
- The Steelers won the turnover battle! That didn’t really happen much last season.
- Injuries, injuries, injuries. David Johnson left with a knee injury and may be out for the season. Mike Adams also left with a knee injury, but his does not seem as severe. Jonathan Dwyer left with an AC sprain.
- Blocking. The offensive line seemed to be in midseaon for already.
- The Steelers settled for field goals. Again.
The Steelers have a lot to work on, but luckily nothing matters. Yet.