Time: 8:30 PM
Site: Candlestick Park
Last Meeting: 9/23/07, W 37-16
Thanks to the San Diego Chargers, the Steelers are once again in charge of their own playoff fate. The Steelers have a shot at the number 1 seed and a first round bye, but in order for that to happen they must win out.
Of course, that’s easier said than done as the Steelers take on the 10-3 San Francisco 49ers in primetime. While the Steelers are 3-1 in primetime games this season, all three of those wins have been rather ugly. The lone loss came at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens when the Steelers’ defense allowed Joe Flacco, of all people, to go 92 yards for the game-winning touchdown.
I have a funny feeling I’m going to be doing a lot of yelling at the TV tonight.
On the injury front, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that Ben Roethlisberger will start tonight, despite the sprained ankle. Ben’s foot is still attached, so I suppose it’s no real surprise that he will play. The Steelers have a short week to gear up for their next game, so hopefully Roethlisberger does not hurt that ankle any further.
Top 5 Burning Questions
- Will Charlie Batch see any playing time?
- Can LaMarr Woodley make it through an entire game without aggravating his hamstring injury… again?
- Can Rashard Mendenhall/Isaac Redman/Mewelde Moore be the first to break through the 49ers’ defense for a rushing touchdown?
- Can our defense keep up it’s barrage of turnovers? Please?
- How come I didn’t realize the 49ers still played in Candlestick Park?