- The NFL recently decided to change the start time for the second game of doubleheaders from 4:15 PM to 4:25 PM. Five Steelers games will now be bumped back 10 minutes. These games are:
- September 16 vs. New York Jets
- September 23 @ Oakland Raiders
- November 4 @ New York Giants
- December 2 @ Baltimore Ravens
- December 16 @ Dallas Cowboys
Please adjust your calendars accordingly.
- In roster news, the Steelers cut former Heisman winner Troy Smith. With Ben Roethlisberger, Charlie Batch, and Byron Leftwich on the roster, there’s not a whole lot of room at quarterback. The Steelers may want to start looking for a younger back-up, but I’m pretty sure Charlie Batch doesn’t age.