This is the Czeching Ball, a term coined by Gord Miller of TSN/NBC Sports. Thanks for the new Twitter handle, Gord!
- The pace to this game was incredible from both sides. Dana Tyrell’s rebirth at the NHL level is incredible to watch.
- Tyrell’s line with Tyler Johnson and Ondrej Palat continues to impress (if you can see them, that is).
- Teddy Purcell nets the game winner on a deflection. Keith Aulie put a low wrist shot on net and Purcell did the rest. Hopefully it sparks his confidence and he shoots more. Rang a big one timer off the post tonight as well.
- Ryan Malone and Victor Hedman may be injury concerns. Both were victims of Zac Rinaldo at different points in the game. Rinaldo will probably hear from Brendan Shanahan since his hit on Malone appeared to catch the back of Malone’s head.
- Anders Lindback turned in another impressive performance tonight. This team can definitely make a run if he and Mathieu Garon continue to give them a chance.
- The Bolts hit the road and will visit Toronto next. As Bart Scott might say…can’t wait!