It’s Monday! That means its time for the news and notes from around the MiLB portions of the Diamondbacks organization.
- Reno Aces (AAA)
- The Reno Aces took on the Salt Lake Bees (Angels) and the Sacramento River Cats (Athletics) this week
|9 vs. Salt Lake, L 2-8 (WP: T. Bell; LP: T. Layne)||Recap Box|
|10 vs. Salt Lake, L 1-2 (WP: R. Brasier; LP: J. Albaladejo)||Recap Box|
|11 vs. Salt Lake, L 3-11 (WP: M. Shoemaker; LP: C. Jakubauskas)||Recap Box|
|12 vs. Salt Lake, W 7-6 (WP: J. Lane; LP: J. Berg)||Recap Box|
|13 @ Sacramento, W 2-0 (WP: Z. Kroenke; LP: B. Peacock; SV: B. Woodall)||Recap Box|
|14 @ Sacramento, L 3-4 (WP: F. Castro; LP: T. Layne; SV: E. Scribner)||Recap Box|
|15 @ Sacramento, L 1-3 (WP: E. Threets; LP: B. Enright; SV: M. Valdez)||Recap Box|
- Jason Lane had himself a week: On April 9, he pitched 3.0 innings of scoreless, 3H relief in an 8-2 loss. He acted as the DH, going 1-for-4 with a double on April 11. And, on April 12, the game was tied at 6, thanks to the Aces tying it up in the bottom of the 9th. Jason Lane pitched a scoreless 12th and 13th and he collected the win, when he hit a walk-off single, batting for himself in the bottom of the 13th.
- Barry Enright pitched great this week. He had a solid start on April 10, pitching 6 innings of 3H ball, but didn’t factor into the decision. The Reno Aces were leading 1-0 going into the top of the 9th, when the Bees rallied for 2 runs in the 1-2 loss. He had a similar loss on the 15th, when he pitched 7 innings, holding the River Cats scoreless until they scored 2 runs in the 7th.
- Mobile BayBears (AA)
- The BayBears finished up their series against the M-Braves (Atlanta) and played against the Blue Wahoos (Reds) and the Montgomery Biscuits (Tampa Bay Rays)
|9 @ Mississippi, L 2-4 (WP: R. Buchter; LP: K. Munson; SV: M. Lamm)||Recap Box|
|10 vs. Pensacola, W 3-2 (WP: T. Bauer; LP: P. Villarreal; SV: E. Marshall)||Recap Box|
|11 vs. Pensacola, W 3-2 (WP: M. Gorgen; LP: D. Hayes)||Recap Box|
|12 vs. Pensacola, L 3-6 (WP: M. Serrano; LP: B. Henry; SV: D. Joseph)||Recap Box|
|13 vs. Pensacola, W 6-5 (WP: E. Marshall; LP: J. Freeman)||Recap Box|
|14 vs. Pensacola, L 1-6 (WP: J. Sulbaran; LP: T. Skaggs)||Recap Box|
|15 @ Montgomery, W 11-3 (WP: T. Bauer; LP: S. Dyer; SV: B. Henry)||Recap Box|
- The BayBears have a stacked pitching rotation, but there were a number of BayBears getting it done with the bat this week: Rossmel Perez (C) ended the week batting 0.364; David Nick (2B) at 0.372 and Matt Davidson (3B) at 0.462.
- Adam Eaton had also collected 6 stolen bases by the end of the week.
- Trevor Bauer collected his 3rd win of the year, but finally allowed an earned run, raising his season ERA to 0.57 – he also walked 5 during that start. His season line to this point: 3 game, 3-0 record; 15.2 innings, 8H, 12BB, 20K, 0.154 batting average against.
- Visalia Rawhide (A Adv.)
- The Rawhide took on Modesto Nuts (Rockies) and the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (Dodgers)
|9 @ Modesto, W 9-3 (WP: A. Carreras; LP: J. Gonzalez; SV: E. Smith)||Recap Box|
|10 @ Modesto, W 3-1 (WP: D. Holmberg; LP: T. Matzek; SV: B. Schultz)||Recap Box|
|11 @ Modesto, Postponed: Rain|
|12 vs. Rancho Cucamonga, W 6-2 (WP: A. Chafin; LP: G. Gould)||Recap Box|
|13 vs. Rancho Cucamonga, Postponed: Rain|
|14 vs. Rancho Cucamonga, L 3-6 (WP: L. Bawcom; LP: B. Cooper)||Recap Box|
|15 vs. Rancho Cucamonga, L 3-4 (WP: A. Sanchez; LP: M. Bolsinger; SV: S. Smith)||Recap Box|
|15 vs. Rancho Cucamonga, W 2-0 (WP: R. Hernandez; LP: Z. Lee; SV: B. Schultz)||Recap Box|
- There were 2 dominant pitching performances this week. David Holmberg got the win on April 10 for 7.0 innings of 2H, 1R, 0BB, 9K. He brought his ERA to 1.38 and collected the win to draw him to 1-1 so far this season. The second outing was Andrew Chafin. He improved to 2-0 on the season with a 0.82 ERA after throwing 6.0 innings of 3H, 0R, 0BB, 9K baseball.
- The outstanding offensive performances of the week went to Jonathan Griffin (1B) and Raywilly Gomez (C) who finished the week with batting average of .350 and .379, respectively.
- South Bend Silver Hawks (A)
- The team took on the Fort Wayne Tincaps (Padres) and Dayton Dragons this week (Reds).
|9 vs. Fort Wayne, W 5-1 (WP: J. Darrah; LP: M. Wisler)||Recap Box|
|10 vs. Fort Wayne, L 1-8 (WP: C. Hebner; LP: J. Bradley)||Recap Box|
|11 vs. Fort Wayne, W 3-1 (WP: A. Bradley; LP: M. Kelly; SV: D. Johnson)||Recap Box|
|12 vs. Dayton, W 1-0 (WP: W. Paredes; LP: J. Moran)||Recap Box|
|13 vs. Dayton, L 4-6 (WP: K. McMyne; LP: D. Johnson)||Recap Box|
|14 vs. Dayton, L 0-6 (WP: S. Gerson; LP: J. Darrah; SV: D. Jensen)||Recap Box|
|15 vs. Dayton, W 10-1 (WP: J. Bradley; LP: C. Gonzalez)||Recap Box|
- Yakima Bears (SS)
- The Bears will begin the season on June 15.
- Missoula Osprey (R)
- The Osprey will begin the season on June 18.