Today was Dbacks FanFest.
There was a great turn out at Chase Field, and for those who were there (and also those that couldn’t be), there was also a lot of action on the official Diamondbacks twitter account (@Dbacks), with various Diamondbacks taking over the account and interacting with fans throughout the day.
- Barry Enright wants to play video games with you. Gamer tag: BarryE. Look him up. He gave his permission.
- Barry Enright is scared of Buster Posey, but David Hernandez thinks Matt Kemp is scarier. And, opposing managers will probably feed Daniel Hudson an entire line-up of pesky left-handed lead-off hitters.
- Ryan Roberts added to his tattoo collection this off-season.
- Daniel Hudson brought number 41 with him from the White Sox.
- Ian Kennedy is, reportedly, the best dancer on the team.
- And, it seems like #DefendTheWest might be the newest hashtag that you’ll need to know.
Other Diamondback news released today included the 2012 Promotion Schedule (HERE). Highlights: Moms are getting earrings on Mother’s day, Ryan Roberts tattoo sleeves, the return of the fan vote bobblehead, and a very intriguing-sounding “shirts off of our Dbacks” promotion.
And, thirdly, ESPN Buster Olney found himself trending in Phoenix (on twitter) this evening because of a tweet that went a little something like this:
I’ve got my picks. But, that seems like a pretty good place to start, Mr. Olney, sir.
Who y’all got?
(ps: Are you ready to catch up with the Yakima Bears tomorrow? We’re almost there countdowners!)