Via the official website, the Arizona Diamondbacks announced that they have scheduled their annual fanfest for Saturday February 11th.
Or, as the press release succinctly put it:
Eighth annual Subway D-backs FanFest takes place one month from today!!
(Exclamation points are mine.)
It looks like it is going to be a fun filled, social media-driven afternoon.
It also looks like every Dback player, coach, broadcaster and their mother is showing up for the event, so it looks to be a busy and fun time. If you find yourself in the greater Phoenix area on February 11th, you should make time to go check it out.
The event is free, autographs are free for kids under 12, and big kids can get autographs for a $5 donation to the Diamondbacks’ charitable foundation. Which is so exactly the type of awesomeness that we expect from the Diamondbacks’ front office.
A partial list of other things set to happen that afternoon include:
- D-backs home clubhouse tours
- Question and answer sessions with D-backs players, coaches, broadcasters and alumni
- Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation Yard Sale
- D-backs Training Centers Wiffle ball fields and clinics featuring D-backs players and coaches
- FOX Sports Arizona KidKaster auditions
- Sign ups to audition to sing the national anthem or be a Rally-back, Golden Glover or D-backs Legends Race participant
Check out the official press release for the full list of activities and expected attendees.
If you’re dying to get back to the ballpark, this might be your chance. And, seriously, its free.
In honor of the good people at subway who are keeping the afternoon free (and, evidently, giving away gift-cards with money on them), I’ve plastered a subway logo at the top of this post. And, I might have to go and get myself a sandwich for dinner.
I mean, a girl’s gotta eat, I might as well support the people who support baseball.