The young Minnesota Vikings team should be fully tested in their first road game on the 2012 season. The Vikings will play the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday with the hopes of going 2-0 to start the season.
Below are some notes from the Vikings final practice of week two:
- Probable — Center John Sullivan (ankle), cornerbacks Chris Cook (biceps) and Josh Robinson (hip), safety Andrew Sendejo (ankle), tight end Rhett Ellison (ankle), and running back Adrian Peterson (knee)
- Questionable — Linebacker Marvin Mitchell (ankle) and wide receiver Jarius Wright (ankle)
- Probable — Right tackle Winston Justice (head)
- Questionable — Wide receiver T.Y. Hilton (shoulder)
- Doubtful — Wide receiver Austin Collie (concussion)
- Out — Linebackers Dwight Freeney (ankle) and Pat Angerer (foot), left guard Joe Reitz (knee)
CB Antoine Winfield returns to practice: Vikings veteran returned to practice on Friday after missing Thursday’s practice to attend his brother’s funeral, who was tragically murdered last Wednesday in Aron, Ohio.
“I don’t want to say it was easy because it wasn’t at all,” Winfield said when asked about keeping his focus on football. “But it helped just being around the guys. Trying to keep a smile on my face and try to take my mind off of it. But during the game Sunday, I thought about it a little bit at the beginning. But once (I was) on the field, I totally concentrated on football.”
Winfield is thankful for the Vikings who have stood behind him during such a down time in his life.
“The support system, you need that, you definitely need that, because it’s not all about football,” Winfield said. “Everyone has their own life, we’re all grown men, we all have families. But there are some things that are more important than football.”
Our thoughts are with Winfield during this difficult time.