Vikings have completed two days of practices at training camp in Mankato. Below are some observations of practice number two from those that were there:
- Rookie CB Josh Robinson sat out of practice after pulling his hamstring yesterday. Vikings are listing him as day-to-day. Stephen Burton, Nick Taylor, Eric Latimore, and Adrian Peterson also did not practice today.
- Mickey Shuler is off the non-football injury list and took some backup reps at tight end
- Special teams coach Mike Priefer told reporters “Percy is our number one kick returner.” Other players who got looks at return man include Bryan Walters, Kerry Taylor, Jarius Wright, Marcus Sherels, and Josh Robinson.
- Geoff Schwartz and Brandon Fusco got reps at right guard with the ones
- Mistral Raymond and Jamarca Sanford got reps at starting safety
- Emmanuel Arceneaux looks like he has improved his route running
- Jerome Simpson dropped a pass and as self-punishment did a set of push-ups. Supposedly the crowd loved it. Simpson also banged knees with Zackary Bowman and was slowed to get up, but returned to action.
- Adrian Peterson looks better than he did when he worked out in front of the media a few months ago
- Kicker update: Blair Walsh hit four straight 46-yard kicks and went two-of-three from 55-yards out