After the Vikings 21-14 victory over the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, the Vikings had to quickly re-shift their focus to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they will face them Thursday night on NFL Network. Thursday’s prime time match up for the Vikings is their only of the season, unless they are flexed in later on.
Notes from head coach Leslie Frazier’s Tuesday press conference:
- RB Adrian Peterson was held out of practice on Tuesday as he continues to deal with a sprained ankle
- WR Percy Harvin’s and DE Jared Allen’s reps in practice will be monitored ahead of Thursday’s game
- TE John Carlson “has not been cleared yet for any participation” after sustaining a concussion in Sunday’s game. Frazier said “it would be very difficult to expect him to play this week.”
- Frazier praised CB Chris Cook’s growing confidence and the progress he continues to make each week after missing 10 weeks of the 2011 season: “We feel like he can match up against some of the best receivers in this League and it’s helped our defense.”
Notes from QB Christian Ponder’s Tuesday press conference:
- Ponder has moved on from his struggles on Sunday saying “We’re not thinking about Arizona anymore.”
- Ponder said each week the team hopes to see progress. He admits “ I need to make a big progression from Sunday to Thursday.”
- Christian talked about the importance of winning each quarter of their season. Heading into week 8, the Vikings sit at 5-2, and 2-1 this quarter. With a win on Sunday, the Vikings would be sitting at 6-2 (3-1). After eight weeks last season, the Vikings were 2-6.
- Ponder said the Vikings need to continue to “keep finding ways to get (Jerome Simpson) the ball and utilizing him.”
On Thursday, the Vikings will look to continue their winning ways at home.