After the Vikings handily beat the Rams 36-22, Minnesota currently holds the sixth playoff seed in the NFC based on today’s outcomes and tiebreaks.
How did the Vikings end up with the win today? Below is a quick recap:
- Adrian Peterson is NOT human. It can’t be possible. He rushed for 212 yards today on 24 attempts with a looooooong 82-yard touchdown run in the 2nd quarter. Can you say MVP?
- Christian Ponder was pretty efficient today. No major mistakes, which is exactly what he needs to do while riding Adrian Peterson to victories. He finished 17-of-24 (70.8%) with 131 yards (YES, he passed for more than 100 yards) and ZERO interceptions. He also rushed for a touchdown on a scramble.
- Ponder completed passes to 7 different receivers – Simpson had 4 catches (27 yards), Burton had 3 (22 yards), Rudolph had 3 (22 yards), Carlson had 3 (17 yards) and Toby had two (21). Michael Jenkins and Jarius Wright each had one for 11 yards each.
- Blair Walsh was once again money from 50+, nailing three of them (50 yards, 53 yards and 51 yards)
- Everson Griffen had a 29 yard interception return for a touchdown
Vikings travel to the Texans next Sunday, then finish the season at home against Green Bay. They hold the key to their playoff ticket. Win out and they are in. Can they do it against two tough opponents? It remains to be seen, but my, oh my, what a turn around this has been.