Well, that sucked.
The Yankees were down by as much as 6-1, tied the score and then lost when Curtis Granderson misplayed a ball in the top of the ninth. That’s so frustrating.
But some positives from the game:
- Chris Stewart and Jayson Nix both hit home runs. Yeah, I know.
- Mark Teixeira won ‘Padilla vs Tex’ Round Three with a game-tying home run in the eighth.
- The Yankees didn’t give up when their ace put them in a 6-1 hole.
- CC Sabathia’s outing. Not ideal: 6 IP, 6 ER, 8 H, 6 K
- Curtis Granderson’s miscue.
- Joe Girardi’s move costing the Yankees a DH. I mean, Rafael Soriano was scheduled to lead off the bottom of the ninth.
Oh well, the Yankees can still salvage a series win tomorrow night. So far this year, they’re 6-2 against the Sox this year. Those two losses occurred when the games aired on Fox. And of course, when that happens Joe Buck and Tim McCarver act as though the Yankees are really 2-6 against the Sox this year.
Tomorrow’s game is on ESPN. So rest up kids!