Welcome to the post-trade apocalypse, brought to you by…wait, this isn’t the Pittsburgh Penguins’ Twitter account. Anyway, tonight we shall see a new St. Louis Blues take on the Chicago Blackhawks. Ho hum, didn’t they beat the Blues twice already? Yeah, they did.
To find out why this bedazzled Chicago Blackhawks jersey is relevant, you’ll have to listen to the podcast! Click on the green button below to get started.
Download this podcast (Right-click the link and “Save Link/Target As…” to do so.)
- Last week’s Blackhawks’ games against the Los Angeles Kings, Calgary Flames, Anaheim Ducks, and Detroit Red Wings
- Other stuff that happened across the league, including the Jarome Iginla debacle and Sidney Crosby‘s mouth injury
- Questions from the public! If you submitted a question, listen to us answer them!
- The Line Cocktail for this week might make you vomit a little in your mouth.
- This week’s question: What did you think of our answers to the questions posed to us? Were we wrong? Why or why not?
- As always, follow us on Twitter: I’m (of course) @RunsOnDuncan, and Casey is @raedances.
So… there wasn’t a Second Balcony Breakdown last week. We explain why at the beginning of the podcast, but to sum it up: technology hated us. But now we’re back and better(?) than ever! Topics include:
- The Anaheim Ducks-Detroit Red Wings game — mostly because Teemu Selanne got a game misconduct(!?)
- The Chicago Blackhawks games against the Colorado Avalanche and Anaheim Ducks
- Feeling sorry for Patrick Kane
- Michael Frolik on the top line tonight, and why the Blackhawks can’t have nice things
- Brenden Morrow going to the Pittsburgh Penguins, which is an excuse to laugh at the Dallas Stars
- What the Blackhawks could give up to get Jarome Iginla
- Other goings-on around the NHL
- The Line Cocktail this week, which is completely accurate
- This week’s question: Do you have any questions for us? If so, what are they? Please send us something, or else I will be forced to make up questions. No one wants this.
- Make sure you’re following us on Twitter! Casey is @Raedances, and I’m, of course,@RunsOnDuncan.
Click on the green button below to listen.
Download the podcast here. (Right-click and select “Save target/link as…” to download the MP3 to your computer.)
Check out a couple of surprises after the jump!
I guess I’m supposed to write about how the Chicago Blackhawks finally got THEIR REVENGE!!1!one! on the Colorado Avalanche for ending The Streak, but really — it’s the Avs. The Blackhawks are fully rested. There was no doubt that the Blackhawks couldn’t get it done tonight.
So, instead of being a revenge game, it was more like this:
Nick Leddy, Viktor Stalberg, and Bryan Bickell all had three-point nights.
Marian Hossa and Jonathan Toews scored two goals a piece.
Brandon Bollig, uh, skated for 9:51 — a new NHL record for him.
But I know what everyone is talking about, and it’s none of those things.
They’re talking about the Patrick Kane spin-o-rama goal that made Denis Savard beam with pride after the game like Kane was his only begotten son (which, honestly, he kind of is).
Well, here it is. This will be on the highlight reel when the Chicago Blackhawks raise #88 to the rafters in twenty years.
- The Chicago Blackhawks take on the Dallas Stars tonight at 7:00pm CT. The game will air on Comcast Sportsnet in Chicago.
- Previews: NHL, ESPN, The Committed Indian, Second City Hockey
- Corey Crawford will be in net for the Blackhawks. (@NHLBlackhawks) Kari Lehtonen will backstop the Stars. (dallasnews.com)
And so, the last game between the Chicago Blackhawks and the Columbus Blue Jackets as Central Division rivals ended the way it started this season — with a one-goal win by the Blackhawks.
(Except this one was via the shootout, which shouldn’t even be a thing, but whatever.)
- The Chicago Blackhawks take on the Columbus Blue Jackets tonight at 6:00pmCT. The game will air on Comcast Sportsnet in Chicago.
- Previews: NHL, Chicago Tribune, The Committed Indian, Second City Hockey
- Corey Crawford will be in net for the Blackhawks. (@ChrisKuc) Sergei Bobrovsky will backstop the Blue Jackets. (@jrimercbj)