- 1st of 3 meetings between the two teams this season.
- The Ducks and Blues split four games last season with the home team winning all four games.
- The Ducks only have 2 regulation losses in their first 10 games this season – most recently to Dallas last night after a four game win streak.
- The Blues won 6 of their first 7 but have recently dropped 3 in a row, including 2 blowout losses at home.
- St. Louis is one of the tougher buildings historically for the Ducks to win in for unknown reasons.
For the Ducks – Jonas Hiller left last night’s game after the 1st period with a lower-body injury. Cam Fowler remains on the IR with a head injury.
For the Blues – Goaltender Jaroslav Halak remains out with a groin injury, but has been practicing and could return to the Blues as early as Monday.
In light of Jonas Hiller’s injury the Ducks have called up goaltender Jeff Deslauriers from the Norfolk Admirals to back-up Viktor Fasth. They have also re-assigned defensemen Sami Vatanen and Jordan Hendry to Norfolk.