- Ryan Getzlaf; Assists: Tony Lydman & Corey Perry at 1:06 of the 1st period.
- Saku Koivu; Assists: Andrew Cogliano & Daniel Winnik at 7:23 of the 1st period.
- Daniel Winnik; Assists: Sheldon Souray & Saku Koivu at 10:53 of the 1st period.
- Daniel Winnik; Assists: Andrew Cogliano & Saku Koivu at 4:02 of the 3rd period.
- Ryan Getzlaf; Assists: Corey Perry & Kyle Palmieri at 11:15 of the 3rd period.
- Curtis Glencross; Assists: Dennis Wideman & Alex Tanguay at 16:54 of the 1st period. (PP)
- Alex Tanguay; Assists: Curtis Glencross & Jarome Iginla at 19:34 of the 1st period.
- Curtis Glencross; Assists: Michael Cammalleri & Dennis Wideman at 1:13 of the 2nd period. (PP)
- Lee Stempinak; Assists: T.J. Brodie & Roman Horak at 14:04 of the 3rd period.
3 Stars of the Game:
- Daniel Winnik – ANA
- Curtis Glencross – CGY
- Saku Koivu – ANA
- Daniel Winnik has 4 of Anaheim’s 12 goals.
- The Ducks limited Calgary to just 6 shots in the 3rd period.
- The only other time the Ducks opened a season with a 2-0-0 record was in 06-07.
Source for Quotes: ducks.nhl.com
“Those are character things you’ve got to build,” Getzlaf said. “Not every game is going to be a cakewalk. As long as you can put your best foot forward most of the time and put an honest effort in we came out on top.”
“I told you [Winnik's] on a 96-goal pace,” Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau said. “He’s done nothing to stop it, so keep him going.”
“The first 15 minutes were textbook,” Boudreau said. “We did what we wanted or what our game plan was. I think we had them 7-2 in shots and we had a 3-0 lead – should’ve been 4-0 if Corey (Perry) doesn’t hit the crossbar on the power play.”
“I though our second period was god awful so it couldn’t get any worse,” Boudreau said. “I just said we want to be known as a third-period team. That’s how you gain reputations. I thought we outplayed Vancouver in the third period last game and I thought we outplayed Calgary in the third period this game. It’s something you build on and you gain confidence at. If you can keep doing that, it’ll be pretty good.”
The Ducks return home to Anaheim for Friday’s Home Opener against the Vancouver Canucks at 7:05pm!