Dear Future Mr. (Misters) Dodger Owner,
Welcome to the fold. Can I speak candidly for a second?
Please don’t mess this up. You have been given a gift. Albeit a very expensive gift, but a gift nonetheless.
As a Dodger fan, I know that my fellow fans are rooting for you. We’re wishin’, hopin’ and prayin’ that you do good by us. We’ve suffered through plenty, and we’ve waited long enough. Lead us back into the glory days. We’re ready.
I’ve compiled a quick laundry list of things that will quickly get you on the right track:
1. Preserve Dodger Stadium. Bring Chavez Ravine to its modern potential. I don’t want a new stadium. I don’t want anything fancy. Just a beautifully restored ballpark where a game can truly be enjoyed.
2. Embrace the fans. We’re a good bunch, and if you truly love and embrace us, we’ll adore you and keep your pockets full.
3. Make Dodger Stadium a safe place again.
4. Cherish our history. The Dodgers have a long and storied history. Embrace it. Don’t try to weave your way into it. Let’s make our own history together as owner, team and fans.
5. Keep Clayton Kershaw for years to come. Enough said.
6. Commit to winning. I don’t expect you to be an outrageous spender. I do expect you, however, to be a smart spender who knows the value of a good player and the value of a winning franchise.
And that’s it. Not too tough, right?
We’re counting on you, sir. Please don’t let us down.
Thanks in advance,
A True Blue Fan