When you give up 5 runs in the top of the first inning, it makes it really hard to watch. Painful actually.
When Grimm allowed the first three Detroit batters base hits I knew we were in trouble…Oh and when the Rangers couldn’t hit Porcello. I knew we were in major trouble. It wasn’t that we weren’t getting hits. We just couldn’t get hits at the right times. I mean they had 10 base hits…that was what was so hard to watch.
The Rangers did get on the board when Hambone hit his 23rd ding dong of the season in the bottom of the 7th, but it just wasn’t enough for the Rangers tonight.
It was definitely an off night for the boys. Let’s try not to do that again tomorrow night. Thankskbye!
FINAL: Rangers 2, Tigers 8
END OF GAME NOTES:
- Leonys Martin has a freaking cannon for an arm. I like it….but I do miss Gentry and the high socks.
- Adrian Beltre was on fire tonight. How much do you think I have to pay him to keep that up until October?
- Justin Grimm got rocked tonight…and it’s ok, he’s still cute. I’ll forgive him…until he does it again. (Insert evil laugh here)
- What is up with Prince’s dreads? It looks like someone dropped some bleach on his head.
- Holland will make a rehab start in Round Rock on Weds. He’s looking forward to getting back in the rotation. We’re looking forward to it too, Dutch.