The Rangers came to play today when Yu Darvish took the mound against Chen and the Kansas City Royals. Darvish looked awesome today. He pitched 7 innings, gave up 3 hits and 3 runs and struckout 6, but the coolest part was he had a perfecto game going into the 6th inning. He got the first 17 he faced out and was only broken up by a two out walk and a bloop single in the 6th.
Darvish was on today. He looked like he was more relaxed, throwing pitches he knew he was comfortable with, and cut down on his walks. It’s amazing what happens when you don’t give up 6 walks a game.
The Rangers had Darvish’s back and put up 8 runs with 5 bombs by Beltre, Cruz, Hamilton, Young and Soto. Home run happy team!!! That makes me happy.
In the top of the 9th inning it almost got a little dramatic when Royals pitcher, Louis Coleman, plunked Nelson Cruz in the back. He was obviously trying to send some kind of message, I’m just ot sure what that message was supposed to be.
Anyways, Nelly looked like he was ready to charge the mound when both benches were cleared and warned. The drama fizzled out when Michael Young hammered one to left center. That shut everyone up. It was great. The Royals couldn’t catch up to Joe Nathan however and the game would end with the Rangers on top by 4.
Have a great rest of the long weekend everyone!!!
FINAL: Rangers 8, Royals 4
END OF GAME NOTES
- I kind of missed Profar being in the lineup today. Kinsler went 0-5 and was less than impressive. Don’t get me wrong I love me some Kinsler, but with Profar at second that is one killer infield.
- Beltre is still eating his super Wheaties.
- Hamilton is either on fire or cold as ice. He’s either bombing home runs or striking out. There is no in between and it’s starting to get on my nerves. Let’s get some consistency in here people!
- David Murphy is still my hero. Dude is a stud.
- Matt Harrison hits the mound tomorrow to go for his 16th win.