The Minnesota Vikings had numerous chances to pull out a victory in Washington today, but had too many mistakes they could not overcome in a 38-26 loss.
QUICK HITS FROM THE LOSS:
- WR Jerome Simpson was INACTIVE for Sunday’s game with a back issue that has lead to weakness and numbness in his legs
- 1st quarter — 3 redzone trips — 3 field goals — NEED TO GET TOUCHDOWNS, which came back to hurt them in the loss
- Christian Ponder finished 35 of 52 for 352 yards and 2 touchdowns and 2 interceptions
- Ponder’s offensive line did him no help today and allowed four sacks
- Percy Harvin = BEAST even after limping through most of the game (finished with 11 catches for 133 yards)
- Game was lost in the second quarter (0 points by the Vikings offense and 2 touchdowns and a field goal for the Redskins)
- Blair Walsh remains money converting all four of his field goals today and each kickoff resulted in a touchback.
- Vikings dominated most categories today but turnovers, lack of touchdowns in the redzone, and allowing big plays by the Redskins crushed their chances of coming out of Washington with a victory
- After a less than stellar second and third quarter by Christian Ponder, him and the offense responded nicely in the 4th quarter (2 touchdowns)
The Vikings fall to second place with a 4-2 record. The Bears take over sole possession of first place even without playing this week (4-1).