Oh gosh, really? Do I really have to preview the Avs game tomorrow? The Blackhawks are coming into town. Last time these two teams played, the Avs ended “The Streak”. Since that time, they’ve gone 1-3. I really hope the boys can come out with a full effort, but I’m not feeling too optimistic, considering the way the last three games have gone. Yesterday, the Hawks beat the Stars 8-1, and I’m fearing a similar fate tomorrow night.
The Avs haven’t said anything more about Ryan Wilson, and while I’m hopeful that they only held him out of the last game because his ankle was hurting and they wanted to rest it for a couple days, I’m preparing for the worst. And this is really the worst, because I LOVE RYAN WILSON. I mean I love all of our other guys (and I sort of tolerate Zanon), but Wilson has a special place in my heart.
Milan Hejduk missed yesterday’s game too, and I don’t think Sacco would have really made him a healthy scratch, so I fear his injury is flaring up again. Then again, Sacco has been acting even more strangely than normal, so maybe he did make Hejduk a healthy scratch.
So, let’s just list all of the buzz words and phrases that need to describe how the Avs come out tomorrow…
-This is a MUST WIN situation!
- I mean maybe if you don’t win it’ll be okay
- but probably not
-Full, 60 minute effort!
- not 59 minutes
- not 58 minutes
- if it goes into OT we’re expecting 65
-Best players need to be the best players!
- but feel free to step up even if you’re on the fourth line
- especially because one of the best d-men, Ryan Wilson, appears to have re-injured his ankle
-Defensive errors need to be minimized!
- keep an eye on your man
- get the puck out of the zone quickly
- oh and maybe protect Varls a little bit
-Varls needs a shutout worthy performance!
- I mean you can let in one goal Varls
- but we’re looking for one of those 50 save efforts
- I’m sorry man, but the team just needs this
- I know it’s not fair
- but I will buy you icecream and take your little doggies on walks for the rest of the season if you can do this
-Score the first goal, it’s hard to play catch-up hockey in this league!
- but if you don’t score the first goal, score the second!
- but if the second goal is still the other team, it’s okay, you can do it!
- if the other team scores three goals in a row YOU CANNOT GIVE UP
- even though all of the fans will be crying and smearing chocolate all over their faces as they try to aim for their mouths
-No stupid penalties!
- especially you, O’Byrne and Zanon
- No one else needs to take their place as typical dumb penalty takers either
- stop gripping sticks
- have fun
- but really you need to win
- so remember that when you’re at the end of a 45 second shift and feeling too tired to backcheck
- do you want to be the guy who makes that crucial mistake?
- so basically, relax but
- don’t make any freaking mistakes
- but really
- there is no panic button
- it does not exist
-Woohoo we can do this!
- I mean we can
- but will we
- JUST DO IT
I think that about sums things up. Cheers, everybody!