Captain Shawn Horcoff was the third star in tonight's 4-2 loss to the Anaheim Ducks. (photo: Bridget Samuels/flickr)
Edmonton Oilers at Anaheim Ducks – March 5th 2012
This was the first of a two-game California road trip for the Oilers tonight as they made an appearance at the Honda Centre. The last time these two teams played, the score was 5-0 in favour of the Ducks, who are in the middle of a last-chance playoff push. These two teams have two more games this season – April 1st and 5th – and the home sides are getting equal opportunities.
The Oilers came into tonight’s game off a 3-1 loss to the Dallas Stars on Friday, and were looking to ruin as much as they could of the 12th-place Ducks’ postseason hunt.
- LW Taylor Hall had seven points in his last six games going into tonight’s game
- D Theo Peckham is no longer on IR but was questionable tonight – did not play
- LW Linus Omark was called up from OKC – did not play
- G Nikolai Khabibulin has 12 career wins against Anaheim
- G (Anaheim) Jonas Hiller played in his 26th straight start – a franchise record for the Ducks
- RW Jordan Eberle’s 61 points had him tied for 14th in NHL scoring
- The Oilers’ power play unit is ranked 1st in the NHL – they have a 21.7% average
- Edmonton was 4-5-1 going into tonight’s game, having lost 3 of their last 4.
The three stars were Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan and Shawn Horcoff in tonight’s 4-2 loss to the Anaheim Ducks.
» Continue reading “Edmonton 2, Anaheim 4: Recap”