Athletics: 4 Dodgers: 1
Thanks to a stellar performance by Tom Milone, the A’s have won their second straight game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Milone threw his first career complete game, he was also the first A’s pitcher this season to throw a complete game. The A’s have now held the Dodgers to 5 hits and 1 run over the last 18 innings.
Lines of the Day:
- Tom Milone: 9 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 SO. Tom Milone threw 112 pitches tonight and 73 were for strikes. When pitching at home he has not allowed more than 2 runs per game.
- Yoenis Cespedes: 4 AB, 2 H, 1 R, 1 RBI. Cespedes returned to the A’s lineup tonight as the DH, it was the first time he has played a game since June 13th. Cespedes doubled in an RBI in the 5th and was about 10 inches short of hitting his 7th home run of the season in the 8th.
Ugly Lines of the Day:
- Josh Reddick: 4 AB, 0 H, 1 SO. It was another 0-4 night for Josh Reddick, who is now 0-19 in his last 19 ABs.
- Kurt Suzuki: 3 AB, 0 H. Suzuki was the only player besides Reddick to not reach base tonight, he is now 0-14 in his last 14 ABs.
- Brandon Moss hit his 7th home run of the season in the 8th inning. He now has 7 home runs in his first 13 games with Oakland.
- The A’s announced today that Tyson Ross will be recalled from Sacramento on Saturday to start in place of Bartolo Colon. In his last start against the Padres he allowed 2 ER over 6 innings, only allowed 1 hit, but walked 4.
For more on the Dodgers, visit Foul Territory.