The A’s will finish their home stand facing the New York Yankees (57-34) who currently have the best record in baseball. The last time these two teams faced off was in May and the Yankees swept the A’s in the 3-game series.
Thursday 7:05 PM PST: (RHP) Freddy Garcia (4-2) Vs (RHP) A.J. Griffin (1-0)
- Freddy Garcia last faced the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim he lasted 5 innings and allowed 3 runs on 5 hits and walks while striking out 4. Garcia has 22 career starts against the A’s, over those starts he has a 7-7 record with a 5.22 ERA and an 1.72 SO/BB rate.
- A.J. Griffin collected his first major league win in his last start against the Minnesota Twins. Over 6 innings he allowed 3 runs on 8 hits and 1 walk and struck out 5. This will be his first start against the Yankees.
Friday 7:05 PM PST: (RHP) Ivan Nova (10-4) Vs (LHP) Tom Milone (9-6)
- Ivan Nova was not sharp in his last outing against the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, allowing 6 runs on 9 hits and 2 walks (with 3 strikeouts) over 6 innings. Nova has faced the A’s once this season, he allowed 3 runs over 7 innings on 3 hits and 5 walks while striking out 4.
- Tom Milone was okay in his last start against the Twins, he only allowed 2 runs over 6 innings, but did allow 10 hits and 1 walk while only striking out 4. He has faced the Yankees once this season, allowing 2 runs on 8 hits and 2 walks and striking out 3 over 6.2 innings.
Saturday 6:05 PM PST: (RHP) Phil Hughes (9-7) Vs (RHP) Jarrod Parker (6-4)
- Phil Hughes had a decent outing in his start against the Toronto Blue Jays, allowing only 2 runs on 4 hits while walking 3 and striking out 4. This will be the first time Hughes will face the A’s this season.
- Jarrod Parker faced the Minnesota Twins in his last start and allowed 4 runs on 9 hits over 6 innings while walking none and striking out 4. Parker will be making his first career start against the Yankees on Saturday.
Sunday 1:05 PM PST: (LHP) CC Sabathia (10-3) Vs (RHP) Bartolo Colon (6-8)
- CC Sabathia’s last start against the Toronto Blue Jays was his first since returning from the DL. He pitched 6 shut out innings while allowing 4 hits, 1 walk and striking out 6. Sabathia started 1 game against the A’s this season, he allowed 2 runs on 7 hits, walked 2 and struck out 4.
- Bartolo Colon lasted 7 innings in his last start against the Texas Rangers, he allowed 4 runs on 4 hits, walked 1 and struck out 5. His one outing against the Yankees this season was pretty poor, having allowed 6 runs, 9 hits, no walks and striking out 3.