Athletics: 2 Rangers: 0
The A’s offense was pretty quiet last night, but even quieter were the Rangers. Bartolo Colon and Brian Fuentes dealt the Rangers their first shut out of the season while the A’s mustered out 2 runs to at least guarantee a split in the 4-game series.
Lines of the Day:
- Bartolo Colon: 8 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 SO. Colon was dealing last night, he threw exactly 100 pitches and 77 were for strikes. Of those 100 pitches, 93 were fastballs.
- Yoenis Cespedes: 3 AB, 3 H, 1 R, 1 RBI. Cespedes was not only responsible for half of the A’s hits and runs, but he was also a home run away from hitting for the cycle last night.
- Andrew Carignan was placed on the 15-day DL yesterday, called up in his place was (RHP) Evan Scribner. Scribner was 3-0 in 23 games of relief with the River Cats, he had a 3.31 ERA and 9.6 SO/9 ratio. Carignan has elected to have Tommy John surgery and will miss the rest of the season.
- Bradon Moss was called up from Triple-A Sacramento yesterday, over 51 games he had a .286/.371/.582 slash line, a .952 OPS with 15 HR. To make room for Moss, first baseman Kila Ka’aihue was DFA’d.
- Brian Fuentes pitched a clean inning in the 9th yesterday for the A’s, he collected his 5th save of the season.
For more on the Texas Rangers, visit Big Game Claws.