Not only did the A’s record hits and score runs today, but they also had the pitching to back up the runs. Jarrod Parker had another solid outing for the A’s and, even though the bullpen was shaky again for him in the ninth, he was able to record his first major league win.
Lines of the Day:
- Jarrod Parker: 6.2 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 SO. Parker threw 98 pitches and 59 were for strikes, his one slip up was a wild pitch that got Dustin Pedroia into scoring position, and who eventually scored on an RBI ground out.
- Jemile Weeks: 5 AB, 2 H, 2 R, 2 RBI, 1 SB. There’s been a lot of murmurs lately about whether or not “something is wrong” with Weeks, so it’s nice to see him have a multi-hit day along with 2 RBI. I also think it’s important to note that Weeks was on twice today and both times he scored.
- Grant Balfour: .1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 SO. After not recording an out in Sunday’s game, it seems as if Balfour’s struggles have continued. He allowed 2 runs and only recorded one out before Jordan Norberto came in to replace him and record the final 2 outs (it was Norberto’s 1st save of his career).
- Brandon Inge: 5 AB, 0 H, 1 SO. He’s only been on the team for 2 days and he’s already made the “ugly lines of the day” list. Honorable mention to Jonny Gomes for being the only other player who did not record a hit in tonight’s game.
- Ryan Cook pitched another clean inning for the A’s today, he did not allow a hit and struck out 2.
- The A’s struck out 14 times today with Jonny Gomes, Josh Reddick and Anthony Recker striking out 3 times a piece.
- Coco Crisp did not play today because of an sinus infection, he is expected to be back in the lineup tomorrow.
For more on the Boston Red Sox please visit Fenway Fatales.