Rays: 7 Athletics: 2
It might not be fair to blame this loss entirely on Tyson Ross, however the A’s would have had to have scored at least 8 runs to beat the Rays today and the A’s have failed to score more than 6 runs in a game this season.
Lines of the Day:
- A’s Bullpen: 4.1 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 4 SO. The bullpen, which consisted of Pedro Figueroa, Jerry Blevins and Jim Miller, was stellar tonight only allowing 1 base runner over the last 4 plus innings of the game.
- Jonny Gomes: 3 AB, 2 H, 1 R, 1 HBP*. Jonny Gomes wins by default for being the only player to have a multi-hit game tonight. *Doesn’t it feel like at least 1 player on the team gets hit by a pitch every single game??
Ugly Lines of the Day:
- Tyson Ross: 3.1 IP, 9 H, 7 ER, 2 BB, 2 SO. Tyson Ross has now allowed 20 H, 16 ER and 3 BB over his last 2 starts, all over 7.1 innings pitched.
- A’s Offense: 32 AB, 5 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 13 SO. Another anemic day for the A’s bats.
- Cliff Pennington hit his first home run of the season tonight, it came off of relief pitcher Brandon Gomes in the 9th inning.
- As expected Coco Crisp has landed on the 15-day DL with an inner ear infection, Michael Taylor started in left field for him today and batted in 9th spot, he went 0-3 with 1 SO.
For more on the Tampa Bay Rays please visit Cowbell Clankers.