Athletics: 7 Indians: 0
The A’s brought out their bats today, completing the 3-game sweep over the Cleveland Indians. Today marks the sixth sweep for the A’s this season as well as their thirteenth shut out of the year.
The A’s scored first in the third inning, when Coco Crisp singled in Cliff Pennington. They scored again in the following inning on a solo home run by Brandon Moss. The fifth inning would be their biggest inning, scoring three runs off a Coco Crisp home run (his seventh of the season). They scored two more runs in the sixth, one run off of a Jemile Weeks double and one off of a Coco Crisp single.
The bats were definitely there today, combining for 12 hits, four doubles, two home runs, and seven runs.
Lines of the Day:
- Jarrod Parker: 8 IP, 6 H, 1 BB, 2 SO. Parker was shaky through the first three innings, allowing four hits and walking one, but only allowed 2 hits (both in the sixth) through the next 5 innings. He threw 93 pitches over those eight innings and 64 were for strikes.
- Coco Crisp: 5 AB, 3 H, 5 RBI. Huge day for Coco, who had a season high 5 RBI game.
- Jemile Weeks: 3 AB, 2 H, 2 R, 1 RBI. Jemile Weeks had his first multi-hit game since August 10th and also collected his 14th double of the season in today’s game.
Ugly Lines of the Day:
- Josh Reddick: 4 AB, 0 H, 1 SO. Reddick was the only player to not reach base today by either a hit or walk.
- Derek Norris: 3 AB, 0 H, 1 BB, 2 SO. Norris did reach base by taking a walk in the seventh, but hit into a double play in the second inning and struck out in the fourth and sixth inning.
- Seth Smith is expected to make his first rehab assignment tomorrow and should return to the lineup some time in the middle of the week.