And yeah, we did lose to a team that has only existed for two years or so now. So…not sure what to say about that.
- Friday: We lost 6-2. Granted, we lost to a pitcher likely to go in the first round (Tyler Anderson), but we lost because we made four errors. Not okay.
- Saturday: We were losing 8-1 and somehow won 9-8. Such is the world of college baseball. You really don’t see games like this too often anywhere else, but in college ball they’re far more regular. Hm.
- Sunday: 6-5 seesaw loss. Kenny made an error which eventually led to the game being tied up, too. Poor Kenny.
Now, I’m fairly concerned here because we’re running out of time – there are seven games left in the regular season, and we’re facing Arizona and Cal in that span. Here’s what we’ve got left on the docket:
- Tuesday, May 17: Home vs. San Francisco
- Friday, May 20: Home vs. Arizona
- Saturday, May 21: Home vs. Arizona
- Sunday, May 22: Home vs. Arizona (my graduation date from Gettysburg College)
- Tuesday, May 24: Home vs. Cal Poly
- Friday, May 27: Away at UC Berkeley
- Saturday, May 28: Doubleheader away at UC Berkeley
Yeah, that’s mildly concerning. We haven’t lost to Cal yet this year, so I’m more worried about Arizona, but still. We seriously need some gains in the conference just for some extra reassurance – we’re in fifth right now, right behind the hated Cal. Arizona’s right behind us in sixth. Wins are crucial at this point. So let’s get some, okay? I like wins, you like wins, everybody likes wins. Especially against Cal.
At least we’re not ASU. They’ve got even bigger problems right now.
- John Mayberry Jr. owns Tim Hudson. In two career at-bats against Hudson, Junior has two homers. EPIC.
- If you missed the launch of Space Shuttle Endeavor this morning, you missed something beautiful. This is the second-to-last shuttle launch in NASA’s program right now (we need more funding, damnit!). I took some screencaps for you, though.
That second shot especially awes me because that glowing thing in the background with the blue ring around it is Earth. Really. Sometimes, you just have to keep things in perspective.