Current record: 7-11
- The Rainiers are in the middle of a four-game series against the Fresno Grizzlies. Over the past six games, Tacoma has only taken one win.
- On Thursday, backup catcher Adam Moore landed on the 7-day DL after surgery for a torn meniscus in his right knee.
- LHP Anthony Vasquez placed second in the Pacific Coast League pitching leaderboards, with a 0.87 ERA and 0.63 WHIP in 3 starts and 20.2 IP this season.
- Yesterday, Mike Carp made his second start in left field after 7 games as DH. He went 0-for-7 with 3 strikeouts against the Grizzlies.
Current record: 11-7
- Danny Hultzen picked up his first win of the year against the Mississippi Braves, with a quality start of 6.1 IP, 2 hits, 2 walks and 5 strikeouts. Baseball America ranks Hultzen at No. 2 on their Prospect Hot Sheet.
- James Paxton is hanging onto a 4.15 ERA and 1.67 WHIP in 4 starts, with 15 hits, 14 walks, and 22 strikeouts in 17.1 IP. He struggled through his last start against the Huntsville Spurs, giving up 7 hits, 7 runs, and 5 walks in 2.1 innings.
- Taijuan Walker boasts the lowest ERA (2.25) and WHIP (0.64) of Jackson’s starters. He has yet to take a loss, even after the Generals fell 2-3 to the Spurs yesterday on a walkoff home run by second baseman Scooter Gennett.
High Desert Mavericks
Current record: 11-6
- Third baseman Steven Proscia hit three home runs for the Mavericks on Thursday against the Inland Empire 66ers. Two came against lefty starter Max Russell, and the final dinger was hit off RHP Baudilio Lopez. By the end of the night, the Mavericks were up 14-8, and Proscia had 3 runs and 5 RBIs under his belt.
- Four Mavericks top the California League batting charts, including third baseman Stefen Romero (.394/.414/.561, 26-for-66) and catcher Jack Marder (.386/.449/.571, 27-for-70).
- Today, High Desert opens an 8-game road trip in San Jose. The SJ Giants currently lead the California League North division with 12 wins and 6 losses.
Current record: 6-11
- Despite a 2-game winning streak, the LumberKings are scraping the bottom of the Midwest League Western division. Their 6-11 record is matched by the Fort Wayne TinCaps and just above the 4-13 Lake County Captains.
- Jordan Shipers holds the lowest ERA (1.04) in Clinton’s pitching staff, putting up a 1.15 WHIP and collecting 16 hits, 2 earned runs, and 15 strikeouts in 3 starts and 17.1 IP.
For up-to-date info on the Mariners’ minor league clubs, swing by MiLB.com.