While the Mariners shop for free agents, you can shop at Mariners.com for Cyber Monday deals. They have ornaments. They have toasters. They even have temperature-sensing garden gnomes.
- The Mariners are in talks with Mike Napoli, according to this report from Jon Heyman. Napoli is slated to meet with the Rangers later this week, although the Yankees and Red Sox are also in the mix.
- Jeff Passan believes that the Royals are on the hunt for starting pitching in return for center fielder Wil Myers (via MLB Trade Rumors). Potential trade partners include the Diamondbacks, Rays, Athletics, and yes, the Mariners.
- Although the highlight of last week’s roster moves was the overdue ousting of Chone Figgins, a handful of MiLBers received promotions to the 40-man roster: pitchers Brandon Maurer, Anthony Fernandez, and Bobby LaFromboise, infielder Vinnie Catricala, and outfielder Julio Morban.
- There may not be a single soul left in Seattle who wishes for the return of Ichiro Suzuki. For the few clinging to the hope of a re-signing, however, let me put your mind at ease: Ichiro has announced his desire to don the pinstripes again in 2013. His agent, Tony Attanasio, reports that Ichiro’s first preference is New York, although offers from other teams will be weighed if a deal is not struck (via MLB Trade Rumors).
- Needle Ball took a tour of Safeco Field yesterday, and had the privilege of seeing the field in all its half-finished glory. Currently, the scoreboard area is still vacant, and tentative lines have been drawn on the warning track for the re-formatted fences. As for the hand-operated scoreboard, no adjustments seem to have been decided upon quite yet. The Mariners offer year-round tours of Safeco Field, running Tuesday – Sunday at 12:30pm and 2:30pm. Tours last approximately 1.5 hours and tickets can be purchased online or at the team store.