Speaking of the World Series, the Monday Night Football game is in St. Louis. The Rams will be taking on the Seattle Seahawks just a few blocks away from Busch Stadium. where the Cardinals and Boston Red Sox will play in Game 5 of the fall classic.
Doesn’t even seem right!
This is the first MNF game in St. Louis in several years. And it falls on the worst possible week! Oh well. If fans decide to take in the Rams game instead of baseball, the Cardinals game will be shown throughout the Edward Jones Dome. So that’s nice.
Either way, a couple of great sporting events taking place in St. Louis and that’s awesome!
Also. In some big news Sunday night, it was reported by Sports Illustrated that Mike Pouncey of the Miami Dolphins was served a subpoena in an investigation connected to the Aaron Hernandez case. Per SI.com:
A source with knowledge of the matter told SI.com that the subpoena is related to the investigation into Aaron Hernandez, Pouncey’s close friend and former teammate at the University of Florida. The source indicated that police are focusing in on Hernandez’s potential involvement in interstate gun trafficking, which is being investigated by several agencies in multiple states — at least Massachusetts, New York and Florida.
The extent of Pouncey’s potential involvement is undetermined, but police are focusing on multiple transactions that involve him and Hernandez. “Organizationally, we do not have a comment,” said Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene. “And Mike Pouncey does not have a comment.”
For more on the case and Pouncey’s involvement, please check out the SI.com story. We will definitely keep up with this story and let you know of any updates.
In other football news:
* Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III is said to be OK after leaving Sunday’s game with a knee injury. Here’s the NFL.com story. The Redskins lost to the Denver Broncos 45-21.
* Here is an injury round-up from NFL.com including Philadelphia Eagles QB Michael Vick leaving his game with an hamstring injury in which in heard a pop.
* So umm… the Kansas City Chiefs are 8-0. How about that!
* Oakland Raiders defensive coordinator Jason Tarver got a little agitated with officials in the Raiders 21-18 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers. That is if you want to calling flipping the off a little agitated! Here’s more!
* Calvin “Megatron” Johnson had 329 yards on 14 catches for the Detroit Lions as they came back to win over the Dallas Cowboys 31-30. Johnson. Here’s some more on the game! Oh! And Dez Bryant had quite the temper tantrum during the game. Here’s an article from CBS Sports’ Gregg Doyel about it!
And here is a meme about the Detroit-Dallas game! Enjoy!
Enjoy your Monday!