News, if you can call it that, broke this week in Phoenix that current Coyotes captain Shane Doan wants to remain with the team. Shocking, right? The difference this time is the news came directly from Doan as he stated on a local radio station that the deal was done and he was just waiting for the team to be sold.
Because Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic and AZCentral is awesome, you can read the entire transcript of his interview here.
I’m not going to sit here and predict what is going to happen. It’s not a secret what Doan wants and honestly I’ve been saying all summer that I would be shocked if he wasn’t a Coyote next season. Hopefully Glendale can get their act together and we can end both stories coming out of Phoenix this summer. Either way, according to his agent, the situation revolving around Doan will be decided by next weekend:
“You don’t know what the new CBA is going to have in it,” Bross said. “That’s really why we want to get in before the new CBA is in place. They may restrict signing bonuses. They may restrict length of contract. There are so many wildcards that we want to deal with what we know right now.”
Can’t say I blame him for that. Get it done Glendale! (Oh and if the NHL and NHLPA want to get the CBA done while they’re at it, that would be great too…)