The Colorado Avalanche lost in Dallas Thursday night 4 – 2. Raise your hand if you’re surprised. No, really. Don’t be shy….oh, no one? Alrighty then.
- Brian Elliott made a few decent saves.
- Matt Duchene really does have some sick moves.
- Philippe Dupuis got some love from the Altitude broadcast boys before the game, then earned it with his hard work throughout the game (he even got an assist!). Too bad his mini-breakaway was foiled by a skilled poke check.
- Tiny, pocket-sized Olver scored a tiny, pocket-sized goal.
- Not one single person on the ice missed Hunwick. Well, maybe the guys in Stars’ sweaters.
In the second period the Avs managed to score while holding Dallas scoreless. They won at least that part of the game!
That’s pretty much it. Oh, nope, I forgot…
BRANDON YIP SCORED!!!
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, #18 still plays for the Avalanche. Tonight he remembered that fact, and decided to do something about it. Yay! (I knew there was a place he walked…)
Sorry, shameless The Who shout out. I’m better now.
- The Avs didn’t play well enough to spoil Dallas’ playoff hopes.
- Lake Erie Monsters call-up Shawn Belle made some pretty glaring mistakes, but I’m still wary of being too critical given his position on the depth chart.
- The Dallas Stars outshot the Colorado Avalanche Light 37 – 23.
- Ryan O’Byrne collected TWO delay of game penalties when he dumped the puck over the glass. Both came at very inopportune times, and one led to a Stars PPG. Dude should quit the gym.
- The Avs lost, which is never fun.
These two teams will see each other again Friday night in the second of a back-to-back, home-and-home series. Maybe home ice will be kind to the Avs and the game will have a slightly better outcome.
Yeah, I know it’s a longshot. But I’m an Avalanche fan; I’m nothing if not optimistic.